One of the things we know can be difficult is finding delicious Paleo recipes that leave you feeling like you enjoyed the real thing.
This Paleo egg roll in a bowl recipe is great for parties, dinner, or special occasions.
- 1 pound of ground pork
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 2 bag of asian coleslaw or regular coleslaw
- 4 celery stalks diced
- 1 small onion diced
- ½ cup green onions
- 5 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger or just a 1/2 tablespoon of ground ginger if its all you got 🙂
- 1 can of water chestnuts chopped
- 4 tablespoons of coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon of oil for the pan
- ½ cup of toasted cashews chopped
- Crushed red peppers to taste
- Salt to taste
- Optional: lettuce for lettuce wraps or cauliflower rice
Toast cashews in a pan on low until golden brown. Set aside.
Put oil in pan on med heat. Add the regular onion, ginger and garlic. Cook for about 2 mins then add the meat and cook until browned. When almost brown add celery, coleslaw and cook until it starts to get soft but still has some fimness.
Add green onions, crushed red peppers, water chestnuts and coconut aminos. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Serve as a lettuce wrap or over cauliflower rice. Garnish with toasted cashews.